Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) — The NV Department of Transportation has formally announced road closures for New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas.
NDOT & other local partners will restrict vehicle access on Las Vegas NV Boulevard from Sahara to Tropicana Avenues. In addition, I-15 southbound & northbound on-ramps & off-ramps will be closed at 5 p.m. Dec. 31 at Spring Mountain Road, Flamingo Road & Tropicana Avenue. Motorists can enter & exit I-15 at Sahara & at Russell Road. Additionally, vehicle access will be restricted at the following locations:
– Las Vegas NV Boulevard northbound at Mandalay Bay.
– Las Vegas NV Boulevard southbound at Sahara.
– Tropicana Avenue westbound at Koval Lane.
– Tropicana Avenue eastbound at Industrial/Dean Martin Drive
– Flamingo Road eastbound at Valley View Boulevard
– The right lane on Sahara eastbound at I-15 will have one lane closed to allow a dedicated turn lane from the off-ramp at I-15 northbound to Sahara eastbound.
Ramp restrictions will be lifted between 3 a.m. & 6 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014, or at the discretion of the Joint Operations Center in the Freeway Arterial System of Transportation. Escalators at Tropicana & the Strip will be shut down from 2 p.m., Dec. 31 to 2 a.m., Jan. 1. Visitors are encouraged to use the stairs or the elevators. Prior to midnight, all stairs & escalators will be barricaded & elevators will be stopped as bridge access will be restricted to pedestrians.
Officials are expecting about 300,000 on the Strip for New Year’s Eve.
For information on fireworks & parties, click here.