Mandy Moore is opening up about the growing number of sexual harassment accusations being brought forward against Harvey Weinstein.
â€œOnly acceptable can come from this,â€� the 33-year-old This Is Us actress asserted during an interview with Entertainment Weeklyâ€˜s Jessica Shaw on EW Morning Live.
â€œWomen need to be believed and their stories need to be out there, and men need to be a part of the answer. They need to be part of the storyâ€¦itâ€™s uncomfortable, yet we need to get uncomfortable to affect change,â€� she said.
Mandy moreover spoke about the benefit of social media in aiding this conversation.
â€œI really love in that now in the day and age of social media and everyone having a voice in this conversation, itâ€™s only going to further alter things and not allow this behavior to continue, and women will feel safe and feel heard and understood and empowered. Thatâ€™s whatâ€™s important.â€�
Mandyâ€˜s full interview is set to air on Wednesday (October 11) on SiriusXMâ€™s Entertainment Weekly radio.
Posted to: Harvey Weinstein, Mandy Moore
Also on Just Jared
- Nelly‘s ex-girlfriend Ashanti is speaking out about his rape accusations – TMZ
- Jordan Fisher is sharing his adoption tale – - Jr
- Kate Winslet and other celebrities are speaking out against Harvey Weinstein – TooFab
- Star Wars: The- Last Jedi just let go its 1st full trailer – The- Hollywood Reporter
- Tiffany Thornton is defending her new marriage following her husband’s passing in 2015 – - Jr