The new horror-comedy film Freaky is hitting theaters on Friday (November 13) and we caught up with one of the stars, Misha Osherovich, to learn some things that fans likely don’t know about them.
You might recognize Misha from a recurring role on the AMC series NOS4A2 or from the movie The Goldfinch. In Freaky, Misha plays the best friend of a young girl in high school who swaps bodies with a deranged serial killer and discovers she has less than 24 hours before the change becomes permanent.
Misha, who identifies as non-binary, is committed to using their platform to amplify LGBTQIA+ voices and demystify body image and mental health, especially within the queer community.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about Misha:
- I’m so incredibly vegan. I believe humans can at least make a dent in saving the world if we go plant-based. 🙂
- I’m sober. Cutting substances out of my life has been huge for my mental health, and I’m very glad I did it. Gave me a ton of clarity about how I want to live my life.
- RE: the vegan thing, I can make the tastiest vegan gluten-free veggie stir-fry you’ve ever tasted. Try me.
- I identify as non-binary, and I use they/them pronouns. This isn’t so much a secret or “fun fact” – but I’m a big believer in making your preferred pronouns known so folks get used to respecting them.
- I’m first generation Russian-American, my parents immigrated to the US in the 60s. I speak Russian at home with my fam.
Click inside to read the rest of the 10 Fun Facts…
- My name actually means “baby bear” or the Russian equivalent of “teddy bear” in Russian. Like, I had a Misha-bear growing up. He was blue.
- I play the piano, my parents insisted on me being classically trained since I was four-years-old.
- I can tongue-pop SO loud. I’ve actually bruised someone’s eardrum doing it. (The only skill I have that even remotely relates to drag.)
- My first professional acting gigs were summer Shakespeare festivals – yes I dressed up in ruffled collars and tights. So much bug spray.
- I dig traveling alone – I ran away to Thailand last year on my own and it was one of the best experiences of life.
Freaky hits theaters on Friday, November 13!