The new Netflix series Grand Army is now streaming and we caught up with one of the show’s stars, Anthony Ippolito, to learn more about him!
The 20-year-old actor is from Long Island, N.Y. and he grew up playing baseball, which he continued while attending Baruch College. He previously played a young Adam Sandler in the 2015 movie Pixels and now this is his biggest project to date.
Grand Army follows the lives of students at Brooklyn’s largest public high school and Anthony plays cocky junior George Wright.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about Anthony:
- I love blues rock and blast Hendrix and Zeppelin all the time.
- I have a pet fish named Buddha.
- I play the guitar. I started learning in Toronto last year while we were filming, and I love playing on my roof.
- My favorite book is “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz.
- I was on Ripley’s Believe it or Not for playing baseball at 2 years old. Eventually that led to me getting into acting when I was little.
Click inside to learn more about the young star…
- I love standup comedy. I’ve seen pretty much all of Dave Chappelle and Pete Davidson’s stuff.
- My dog doesn’t like me. She won’t tell me why.
- I go night fishing a lot with my friends. We hop in the car and drive to the beach around sunset with a few rods and flashlights. We also go to this random little island in the middle of nowhere and camp out there every once in a while.
- I played college baseball and played in the Long Island All-Star game.
- I have the worst sleep schedule known to man. I’m pretty much nocturnal. Over the winter I got into a habit of going to bed as the sun was rising.
Grand Army is streaming now on Netflix!