Broadway star Eva Noblezada is making her feature film debut in the new movie Yellow Rose, which is in theaters now, and we caught up with her to learn some things that fans might not know about her!
The 24-year-old actress was discovered at the age of 17 while performing at the 2013 National High School Musical Theatre Awards. That performance led to an audition for the West End revival of Miss Saigon, a role that she landed and helped launch her career.
Eva went on to star in the Broadway revival of Miss Saigon and she most recently originated the role of Eurydice in the musical Hadestown. She earned Tony nominations for both shows!
Now, Eva is starring in Yellow Rose and she stars alongside Tony winner Lea Salonga, who was the original Kim in Miss Saigon back in 1989. The movie tells the timely story of a Filipina teen from a small Texas town who fights to pursue her dreams as a country music performer while having to decide between staying with her family or leaving the only home she has known.
Check out 10 Fun Facts about Eva below:
- I’m a quintuple Pisces. A lot of water. A lot of tears. A lot of living my life through a beautiful kaleidoscope.
- I’m very sporty and competitive. I played paintball, volleyball, basketball and even dabbled in BMX for a year or two. I almost chose to train everyday to get a basketball scholarship. But the heart wants what the heart wants. Singing and acting hahaha. So thankful.
- I’ve fallen in love with pole dancing. I feel like it’s a missing puzzle piece of who I am. I’m in the process of choosing a stage name in hopes I can bring my super sexy secret act to stages near you soon.
- I genuinely think I can speak to animals. They just come up to me and I feel like I can hear their thoughts. And I can speak to them. It’s wonderfully strange and incredible.
- I love love. I love being in love. I love singing about love. I love singing about heartbreak. I love watching love. F–king love it.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts…
- I can put both of my legs behind my head and I can crack my jaw and click the cartilage in my ears. Maybe I need a massage…
- I’m a huge softie with tough skin.
- When I was 12, my cousin and I had a book called “Dragonology” and we studied that book so hard. We would bike all around the neighborhood and try to find signs of dragon activity. Like…we genuinely believed they existed. Still do though ha!
- I have repetitive themed dreams… a lot of people do! But I have a reoccurring dream where I go to a grand party or ball and there are tables of dessert and unopened chill champagne. And the party planner says “Well…we don’t want this all to go to waste so..” And I just eat it all! A perfect dream.
- When I was 5, I was so inspired by ‘that’ scene in Mulan, that I took my Papa’s nose hair trimmers and cut my hair. I chopped off about three inches of perfect ringlet curls. Mama was not happy.
Yellow Rose is now playing in theaters nationwide!