The 28-year-old filmmaker and adventure seeker just launched his series Flow State, in which he goes on some crazy adventures with pals who happen to be world class performers.
What is Flow State? Dylan says, “An optimal state of consciousness where we feel and perform our best while being completely immersed in an activity. It’s the feeling I live for and I find it most when I’m outdoors — whether in an activity or even a meaningful conversation.”
The first guest on the show is Leticia Bufoni, a professional street skateboarder and five-time X Games Gold medalist. Dylan took her rock climbing for her first time at Stoney Point, where she overcame her fear of heights.
We caught up with Dylan to learn 10 Fun Facts about him. Check it out below:
- I’ve been racing triathlons since 2015. At IRONMAN Arizona, I finished under 10 hours 30 mins. That same year, I finished in the top 1% of athletes in my age group.
- I wrote a script for the Lifetime Channel about a love triangle gone wrong. It never made it to the screen but I hope it will someday!
- Public speaking is a massive fear of mine.
- My favorite beer is FlyJack by Firestone Walker Brewing.
- I love producing things. I was a coordinator on A Star Is Born with Bradley Cooper, I also was a producer on Netflix’s Down To Earth and Off The Grid. Flow State is a dream project, as it combines my love for creating shows and trying crazy new experiences with close friends.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts and to watch the episode…
- I rarely wear deodorant. I don’t think I smell ever, but if I do, someone better tell me!
- I want to motivate people to get outside and have fun. It helps my mental health. I think a lot of us feel like we need to work harder, achieve more, and chase a fancy title — when really life is all about the people you surround yourself with and the memories you make with them.
- I ran the Boston Marathon sub-three hour in hail and pouring rain, then flew to Nepal the next day with my brother to trek and stay in remote villages for three weeks.
- I crashed my bike riding home from work. I fractured three ribs, three transverse processes (vertebrae) and my tailbone – I raced a half Ironman one month after.
- I love hosting because I feel like I learn along with the audience. I’m not an expert at ANYTHING, but I’m eager to learn and down to try anything.
Watch the first episode of Flow State below. New episodes will premiere on YouTube every month!